New SR22, didn't come with carry pouch or spent round - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Ashe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New SR22, didn't come with carry pouch or spent round

Just opened today and I got the gun, two mags, two extra baseplates, extra grip, lock and books. Didn't get a spent round or the Ruger storage pouch. Is this not included anymore? It's in all the unboxing videos an I'm a little bummed!
Old 03-01-2017, 09:05 PM
trapper bill
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just call ruger customer service and pretty sure they will mail you the little case your missing.They don't do the spent shells no more.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Loke
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The states that spent several million dollars to catalog the spent casings to use to register your firearms realized that it was a waste of time, money, and resources to solve the single case that was solved using the spent casing registration.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:13 PM
DBray6

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine didn't come with the pouch either. Just picked it up on Wednesday. I wonder if Ruger doesn't supply this any longer?
Old 03-05-2017, 07:53 AM
QualityNut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Purchased yesterday and no pouch either. I had forgotten that it was normally included until I saw this post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2017, 09:43 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thumbs down i think..........

not including the case is a cost cutter, just like my new $500. ruger MKIV stainless target, no optics rail included any more. I had to order one so I could mount my millett red dot! "bean counters "at work saving money for the "man"LOL.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:15 PM
Buglemintoday
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My SR22 did come with the carry pouch. I do not remember seeing the spent case though. I will look tonight when I get home from work.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:30 PM
telmanmn
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No longer

Mine came with both approx. 1 1/2 years ago but I believe fairly soon after that they ceased the spent cartridge. Not sure when zipper case stopped. I had both.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:00 AM
THA5901

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No longer included

I purchased a SR-22 with the longer slide (4.5" i believe) shortly after it came out last year. It included a case; however it was a very snug fit and the same case they include with the standard models. I contacted Ruger to see if I had gotten the correct case or if I could get a larger one and was told all SR-22's come with the same case. I was also told at this time that they were going to stop including them in the very near future.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:21 AM
Buglemintoday

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased mine around February 28th of this year from Academy. It came with 2 mags, base plates, spare grip, lock and the zipper bag/case. No spent casing.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:20 AM
karls42

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If you are REALLY that upset about the empty case maybe just go into the back yard and fire a shot into the ground and catch one for yourself?
Old 03-16-2017, 10:31 AM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's not the spent case that was special, it was the envelope. A little coin envelope that had the firer's name, and most important, the date it was fired. Most people counted that as their gun's "birthday".

FWIW, I just got a SP-101 from Ruger as a replacement for my third bad LCR. It didn't come with a spent casing.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Deadend

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I threw the case away. It was made in China.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:07 PM
polarys425

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
not including the case is a cost cutter, just like my new $500. ruger MKIV stainless target, no optics rail included any more. I had to order one so I could mount my millett red dot! "bean counters "at work saving money for the "man"LOL.
The money they are saving is that of those who are buying the guns. It's a case of lower the cost or raise the price. No different than the 1/2 gallon ice cream that is no longer a 1/2 gallon.

The American worker expects a yearly raise, that has to come from somewhere. That somewhere is a cost reduction, improved efficiency, or a price increase. Manufacturers hate price increases in general. I worked for the nations largest snack cake manufacturer for a while. They knew what percentage sales would drop for even a $.10 cent price increase.