Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:26 PM
PWNolan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEASHOOTER67 View Post
A quick phone call will get an answer faster than waiting to see if they post it on their web site. The place I go to shoot bench rest doesn't even advertised it on their site. I found out about it by word of mouth.
Thanks! I realize I could call and I would if I was really that interested.

From your previous posts I assume the match you shoot is the BR fun match at ASC? I also found out about it by word of mouth via a few RFC members who are also ASC members. I actually made it to a match last year. I'd like to make a few more and some of their silhouette matches but it looks like I might be working on Saturdays for the foreseeable future.

BTW, the BR fun match is posted on ASC's website.

https://www.arlingtonsportsman.com/rifle/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedHole View Post
Great to know, thanks! Right now the closest one to me is about 300+ so 70 doesn't sound to bad
Haha! I guess 70 miles would seem like driving down the street for you. I guess I was spoiled back in IL. The club I belonged to was much closer and held Rimfire Sporter matches once a month year round. I could practice and shoot matches often enough to keep the interest up and post some decent scores. It became my favorite rimfire match discipline and I do miss it.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:04 PM
dufferDave

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
In the same boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNolan View Post
I guess I was spoiled back in IL. The club I belonged to was much closer and held Rimfire Sporter matches once a month year round. I could practice and shoot matches often enough to keep the interest up and post some decent scores.
I know exactly what you mean.

Years ago, we had a wonderful club on the west side of Ft Worth (Ft Worth Rifle & Pistol Club), with hundreds of acres of space and all sorts of range facilities. We had an indoor 22lr range, as well as 50 and 100 yd ranges for 22lr. It was just minutes away, and very active. Lots of good folks out there, as I recall.

City of FW reneged on the lease and closed it down. Blank-blank-blankety blank.

Now I have to drive all over hallelujah to shoot at a range. Or step out in my back yard.

Last edited by dufferDave; 02-13-2017 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Removed the top-bar characters that the mods don't like
Old 01-30-2017, 10:39 AM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferDave View Post

Years ago, we had a wonderful club on the west side of Ft Worth (Ft Worth Rifle & Pistol Club), with hundreds of acres of space and all sorts of range facilities. We had an indoor 22lr range, as well as 50 and 100 yd ranges for 22lr. It was just minutes away, and very active. Lots of good folks out there, as I recall.

City of FW reneged on the lease and closed it down. @#$%^&*(

Now I have to drive all over hallelujah to shoot at a range. Or step out in my back yard.
Having a range nearby is a desirable for shooting matches and camaraderie but being able to step out into my back yard and shoot would sure be nice. Years ago my family owned/operated a large shooting facility in N. IL. I always lived close by and for several years I lived on the property. So I could shoot whenever I wanted. Man I miss those days!

Some friends of ours have offered to let us shoot on some property they have out in the sticks SW of Fort Worth. I'm sure we'll graciously take them up on their offer but it's a long way to drive for a day of casual plinking.

Last edited by PWNolan; 01-30-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:39 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferDave View Post

City of FW reneged on the lease and closed it down. @#$%^&*(

exactly

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 01-30-2017, 03:12 PM
dufferDave

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If I might ask---

PWNolan, what part of north TX are you stuck in? (and I'm NOT asking for an address or anything too personal)
Old 03-06-2017, 12:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Anyone know of any CMP Rimfire Sporter matches in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

I've been really missing shooting CMP RFS matches since relocating last summer. I've checked CMPs website and couldn't find anything. Any help finding a match would be greatly appreciated.

Hey ! This will get you close as I can.

Parker county "Weatherford, TX." actually in Poolville north of Weatherford has cmp matches twice a month except June and December.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 03-06-2017, 12:06 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Thanks! I realize I could call and I would if I was really that interested.

From your previous posts I assume the match you shoot is the BR fun match at ASC? I also found out about it by word of mouth via a few RFC members who are also ASC members. I actually made it to a match last year. I'd like to make a few more and some of their silhouette matches but it looks like I might be working on Saturdays for the foreseeable future.

BTW, the BR fun match is posted on ASC's website.

https://www.arlingtonsportsman.com/rifle/

Haha! I guess 70 miles would seem like driving down the street for you. I guess I was spoiled back in IL. The club I belonged to was much closer and held Rimfire Sporter matches once a month year round. I could practice and shoot matches often enough to keep the interest up and post some decent scores. It became my favorite rimfire match discipline and I do miss it.

Are you going to the match this Saturday?