Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What kind of howl is this?

4K views 73 replies 27 participants last post by  C.C. 
#1 ·
#7 ·
welllllllllllllllll

kinda sounds like sarge after he drinked all of taff and squacks free liquor and fell in the fire at shawnee.
i saw in a movie once where maverick told a woman that u could tell a real critter howling by if his voice had a echo if no echo it was a wolf but if it had a echo then it was a *****. not sure ifen that one had a echo or not.
im sure missey tina would know ifen it was a drunk man howling at the moon but i ain't gonna say how she would know. i ain't spreading no gossip about scotty, no sir my lips is sealed . scotty is my buddy.
david

#12 ·
JetGirl said:
They are right. THAT is a coyote. The only weird thing is there weren't more joining in. We hear plenty of that, too here in Hoosierland.
~Annie
Annie's right. That's an old lone coyote. I hear that quite often when I'm sitting in my yard in the evening. Usually a few thousand more will join in. There's more coyotes than people in Kansas. I've heard wolves when I lived in Alaska and I can tell you that was no wolf.

#13 ·
welllllllllllllllllll

u wanna hear somthing that will make the hair on your neck stand up and make u feel like somthing is behind u catching up then u walk thru the woods at nite with no lite and a light fog drifting thru every so often and hear a coyote sound off up close or a dam fox with there mating call.guaranteed to make u walk faster.i have sat down and just wait to see if it is me they interested in or talking about and if the screaming or howling stops then i know it is.that will make your day
david

#16 · (Edited)
oh....alright...i'll admit it.

i was practicing up the other night for the ever famous "2 dogs in heat" song which is now a standard at the shawnee hunt and after a couple of refreshing liquids just may have got carried away. the racket is just probly about now filterin down that far......i promise to hold her down from now on....maybe...

luck!

#18 ·
Jetgirl...

You be careful when your talking to 04. I know you have heard of those internet predaters, that could be one disguised as 04. Plus that 04 is a slick old codger to begin with, so you best be careful when you "talking" to him.:rolleyes:
The first words that popped into my head when I read his post saying those awful things about Sarge was "My,Grandma what big eyes you have".
Did you know that he tried to trade Scotty an rg for "Miss Daisy", one of the squirrel killingest rifles I've ever heard about.:t (You can chime in anytime Scotty)
Now Sarge, don't you go saying anything unkind about "Miss Daisy" cause Scotty likes to kill his squirrels a little deader than the rest of us. I can recall afew instances where I decided to use my 22 mag to kill some squirrels a little deader than usual my own self, and a fine job she did of it too!!:t And I had a lot more than toenails to eat!:rolleyes: God Bless, Frank.

#19 ·
JetGirl said:
OMG!! Do I have your permission to print that up and hang it somewhere where my family can see it?? I don't think I've heard it that often and I'm dang sure I've never seen it in writing!!:D
You bet Annie! And pay no mind to 04, he's just jealous cause I look like Tom Selleck and he looks like Humphrey Bogart.

Frank,
I do not want to hear any more talk of hunting squirrels with a 22 mag or 17hmr.

#23 ·
i was fishing with a friend a few year back, we where in a boat out in the middle of a lake. we kept hearing this wild screaming type noise, it went on for hours while we fished. we finally motor'd over towards the timber to see what the nasty sound was and it was a donkey tied to a tree.:D

Randy

#26 ·
welllllllllllllll

jet girl let me educate u about this internetty thingy.

folks talk on here and most of what they say is lies cause there ain't no way to tell and people just gotta lie i reacon. now frankly speaking me and maybe u are the onliest truthful folks on this site . so u just remember that when remarking about what sarge said.
he looks like that selleck fellow about as much as a prune looks like a diamond.
now frank i ain't predatored a internet yet. them stories about me and them critters was just lies spread by folks jealous of my good looks.
david

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.