Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

No more ebaying

2K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  mscales5 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
eBay

Where have you guys been? The Guy who owns eBay also owns PAYPAL and they don't allow gun parts to be sold, but charge a fee everytime one part is sold when you use PAYPAL. They are hypocrites. They don't allow sales on eBay but anywhere else they charge a fee for doing so. You are getting it in the front and the back. We help them. Some of the sponsors are in the process of closing their PAYPAL accounts such as Hawktech and others. Where do you think people like Fienstein, Boxer, Pelosi, Biden, Kennedy, Clinton and other gun hating and lets erase the 2nd Amendment crowd get their campaign money?

And while I am on this vein, There are those here that protest gun grabbers but haven't joined the NRA. If everyone on this forum joined there would be that much more money being used to protect our rights. They (NRA) have been fighting along time for us gun owners. If you can afford a new scope or bunches of ammo, the 25.00 for membership is the best money you will ever spend. JOIN NOW and let your voice be heard or at least be counted. MY 2 cents. Listen or not. Your choice.

THE GUNHAWK (DAVID)

#10 ·
I Emailed Ebay this tonight

Due to your decision to change your policy regarding firearms parts I will be canceling my account. Your decision to knuckle under to the rest of your "other Global Partners" has shown me that Ebay cannot be trusted to defend the rights of those who reside in the United States. The right to keep and bear arms is held sacred by millions of Americans and your policy decisions have put us in position close akin to that of being criminals. I am sure that there will be many others like myself who will be as repulsed as I am by your policy changes and will follow my lead to remove myself from the Ebay dictatorship. What your doing will I am sure cost you dearly monetarily and you deserve to lose every cent.

#25 ·
Due to your decision to change your policy regarding firearms parts I will be canceling my account. Your decision to knuckle under to the rest of your "other Global Partners" has shown me that Ebay cannot be trusted to defend the rights of those who reside in the United States. The right to keep and bear arms is held sacred by millions of Americans and your policy decisions have put us in position close akin to that of being criminals. I am sure that there will be many others like myself who will be as repulsed as I am by your policy changes and will follow my lead to remove myself from the Ebay dictatorship. What your doing will I am sure cost you dearly monetarily and you deserve to lose every cent.
this was a note I sent to Ebay a day or two ago. Here was their response to me and then my response to them.

> Dear Noel,
>
> Thank you for writing in regard to eBay's newly revised Firearms
> policy.
> After the tragedy at Virginia Tech, eBay�s Trust & Safety team
> along
> with executives at the company felt it was important to re-
> examine our
> existing policy and evaluate if it still met the needs of our
> marketplace and our company. At eBay we constantly review and
> update
> our policies and, after careful consideration, we determined
> that this
> policy change was in the best interest of our marketplace and
> our
> company.
>
> While eBay hasn�t allowed the sale of any item regulated by
> individual
> states or the federal government in the past, there are still a
> large
> number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely
> available
> in retail stores. These items have also historically been
> allowed on
> eBay.
>
> Now, we are extending our policy to prohibit the sale of any
> item that
> is required for the firing of a gun. These items include bullet
> tips,
> brass casings, shells, barrels, slides cylinders, magazines,
> etc. We
> have made the decision to exceed the requirements of federal and
> state
> regulations for safety and to bring our policies in the US and
> Canada in
> closer alignment with our policies in other markets around the globe.
>
> I understand your frustration regarding this matter Noel and
> apologize
> for the inconvenience it caused you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Heidi
> eBay Customer Support
>
>
> ___________________________________________________________________
>
Heidi
the only thing you have told me is nothing but a reiteration of your companies policy. It amazes me that your company will ban gun parts but will allow tobacco sales, violent video games and many other items that are as potentially dangerous as your company seems to think theses legal gun parts are.
Basically Ebay's owner has for whatever reason has made the decision to soothe your companies other foreign partners desires and forsake it's American customers. you have a right to do so and I and many many other American gun owners have the right to boycott Ebay and voice our disgust at Ebay's misguided policy decisions. I'm sure that your president won't care one bit about the loss of our business but to be honest after his dictatorial Mandate, neither will we.

#14 ·
I never found a link for contact. I went to the main Ebay page and clicked on the live help on the far right side of that page. Once I got hold of the live help I told them of my anger on their policy decision the Ebay person sent me a link to Email the company. You may have to do the same.

#13 ·
We've all known they were anti-gun or quite a while now yet continued to use them rather than one of the Gun auction sites such as Gun Broker or Auction Arms which clearly are on this side of the fence. Kinda like supporting Walmart rather than your local dealer just to save a few dollars. we can draw the lines in the sand but if we can save a buck or two we seem to erase our own line. With walmart dropping guns and now this with ebay maybe ppl will finally support those that ARE on this side of the fence like us. well...until they find a less expensive avenue to go down. :p :rolleyes:

#17 ·
Never have bought anything off of ebay. I'll go look now and then to check a price on something but will not buy off ebay. Never had a reason too and now certainly don't have a reason to. Oh and I'll drive a heck of distance out the way to avoid shopping at Walmart too. Its my dime and I'll spend it where and when I want to, sometimes my choice may even have some economic power.....yea right who am I kidding...

#20 · (Edited)
Dear Ebay,
I am pleased that you have modified your rules for the selling of firearm components. In the wake of events like the Virginia Tech shootings, I can't think of anything more corporately responsible than having a big reaction to show people how much you care and are personally effected by your apparent complicity in that great American tragedy. I am certainly surprised that you would make a public statement saying as much, in light of our all-too-American impulse to litigate anything and everything that we can.

I look forward to your future changes as well. I assume that you also plan to ban the sales of automobile parts, for example, due to their part in taking the lives of tens of thousands every year, not to mention their impact upon our environment.

Have you looked at banning all media from your site as well? For years I've found your sales of movies, music, and video games incredibly troubling. To think that my child could play Grand Theft Auto and then be influenced to go buy gun parts and drive to the site of a potential crime keeps me up at night.

I look forward to more evidence of your corporate citizenship.

Love,
Kappy

#26 ·
Auction Arms response...........

Dear Valued AuctionArms customer:

You may have heard the recent news or received a message from EBay that they have taken yet another anti-Second Amendment position (their first was in 1999 when they abandoned their firearms sellers) . They are now, once again, abandoning their good and faithful customers who sell firearms parts, ammunition reloading components and reloading gear.

We strongly disagree with eBay’s stance on the 2nd Amendment in general and specifically in their lackadaisical abandonment of their long and faithful customers. We think it is unconscionable. But hey, it’s their right, and we love them for helping us continue to build our business!

While eBay may have disdain for the 2nd Amendment rights of it’s customers, we here at Auctionarms believe you should be able to sell any legal item you may care to, especially firearms, firearms parts, ammunition, ammunition components and reloading gear…how else are you going to defend yourself against mad men and the evildoers who stalk innocents in those politically correct “gun free” zones?!

We believe you should have the right to sell these items in a free and open market. We believe you should have the right to be free from fear of abandonment by a online sales venue that you've invested your time and money in to create profit for them and a reputation and goodwill for yourself.

We have proudly built our business and reputation on firearms. We have for almost 10 years now. We will continue to do so. We will not abandon our customers at the whim of some misguided, liberal minded, political correctness. That is our pledge.

We invite all abandoned eBay seller to move your firearms, firearms parts, ammunition, ammunition reloading components and reloading gear immediately to AuctionArms. Show eBay you can abandon them as quick as they abandon you and move to the BEST place on the internet for firearms and firearms related auctions!

We will make this solemn pledge to you. WE WILL NEVER ABANDON OUR CUSTOMERS WHO ARE SELLING LEGAL ITEMS, NEVER”.

We pride ourselves on customer service. We freely publish phone numbers through our “Contact Us” link that appears on every page. (find a customer service phone number on eBay!). We have real folks in the good old USA to talk to when you call those numbers. We care about our customers and about the rights of our customers to fully enjoy their rights under the Second Amendment.

Top 10 Reasons to move to AuctionArms:

We won't abandon you, ever.
No Listing Fees: There are never any fees to list an auction at AuctionArms and our selling commissions are much lower.
Free sign-up: For abandoned Sellers signing up in August, we will eat the sign-up fee for new abandoned sellers moving from Ebay (normally $4)
Free Auctions: For abandoned Sellers signing up in August, we won't charge you for any Final Value Fees (sales commissions for the first month if you disclose your eBay seller’s nickname) in order to ease the transition and reward you investing in our learning curve.
Free Special Features: For abandoned Sellers signing up in August, we will give you free Special Features for your first month.
Free over 200 Items listings: We will arrange to waive fees for added auctions if you list more than 200 items at a time. Just let us know.
Feedback Credit: We will credit your Ebay Feedback record towards becoming a Penny Auctioneer (a highly popular and successful feature on our site).
Retained eBay recognition: We will provide recognition of your eBay earned feedback status and use of your eBay nickname (when available) in order for you to salvage some of your hard earned goodwill and reputation.
Free Introductions: We will send an email letter of introduction to your past buyers at eBay, (you'll need to confidentially provide us with an emailing list) introducing them to your account at AuctionArms.
Special Discounts: We'll provide you with special discounts based on fees payment history with eBay for firearms parts, reloading components and reloading gear (we'll need you to confidentially disclose payment history with eBay to us to qualify for this benefit).
Familiar categories: To assist eBay’s newly abandoned sellers in moving their auctions to AuctionArms, we have reproduced their categories for firearms parts, reloading components and reloading gear so that they will be easily familiar to you.
Support for pro-gun rights: For every abandoned seller that signs up with us in the month of August, We will be donate $ to the NRA Foundation.

OK, I lied, there are 12. As always we like to add special value for our sellers.

How can we offer all this free stuff? Well, we are so confident that once you use AuctionArms to connect to our international customer base of like minded firearms enthusiasts and see how well we work for you, you will like what you see and stay with us. You'll generate future sales and commissions and we'll all win. How can you loose…frankly, you can't!

If you've received this message and are not an eBay seller, but have purchased these sorts of items from eBay sellers, do them and yourself a favor. Forward this message on to them. Help insure you will continue to enjoy a broad selection of firearms parts, reloading components and reloading gear through the convenience of the internet and at a Second Amendment friendly site!

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and thanks for being a customer at the BEST place on the internet for firearms auctions. We appreciate your business and look forward to many years of providing you with unparalleled service.

Spread the Gospel!

Manny DelaCruz

Chief Executive Officer

AuctionArms.com, Inc.

The BEST place on the internet for firearms auctions!

#27 · (Edited)
So bassically the only parts they will sell are stocks barrels and sights/mounts?

but wait..the barrel makes the bullet go straight, thats dangerous cant sell that.
oh ya than there is the stock they have to have that in order to shoot, so its dangerous and cant sell that
but the sights make them know what they are shooting precisely, cant sell that either.

Dumbass

#28 ·
So bassically the only parts they will sell are stocks barrels and sights/mounts?

but wait..the barrel makes the bullet go straight, thats dangerous cant sell that.
oh ya than there is the stock they have to have that in order to shoot, so its dangerous and cant sell that
but the sights make them know what they are shooting precisely, cant sell that either.

Dumbass
Since the majority of the criminals using firearms in this country shoot by holding the firearm sideways or above their head, they don't need stocks, barrels, or sights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.