Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Savage customer service?

3K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  wvbike_99 
#1 ·
I want to know of your experiences with Savage's customer service. I sent a 93FSS back to the factory over two months ago, for crooked cut dovetails in the barrel,and have been getting the runaround.I called a few times and they told me they don't have any in yet. I called again they told me they got in a shipment but they were all spoken for already.I didn't get that , a customer that got a bum rifle should come first ,you would think,right? I called again today and they said the Canadian company that makes them will have more ready in a week or two and they would send me mine in about 3 weeks.I think it's horrible customer service to make someone wait 3 months to get a rifle repaired or replaced.I like the rifle and bought because I was interested in the ACCUTRIGGER but if I knew their customer service was a nightmare I would have bought a Marlin,because I know their service is top notch.

#4 ·
There are many people that get a good Savage first time, but for those who don't, it can be extremely frustrating. I just hope their customer service department gets their act together along with the QC department, but as far as that goes, I blame the management.

If you don't run a tight ship...

...it will eventually sink. :Flush:

#7 ·
I have ordered parts for my centerfire Savage and gotten quick service. I ordered some parts to install a second action screw in my MKII about a month ago and still do not have them. I don't think the link between the Savage site you order the parts from and the Canadian factory that makes the rimfires is very good. The parts ladies are polite but say to just keep waiting. I am a bit frustrated too. I think the real problem is in Canada.

Jim

#8 ·
My experience with Savage C/S....

Never had to send back a rifle for any reason...but for parts I find the Savage C/S people very helpful...Savage has came a long way turning the company around....building very accurate rifles...new interesting models...listening to the shooting public...hats off to Savage Arms !

#10 ·
4 months now and still waiting:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .I called today and they said it was at the gunsmiths and would ship this week or early next.That's the same thing I heard 3 weeks ago,only at that time it was at the range getting test fired.:rolleyes: .I liked the gun but the company sucks to deal with.If I don't get it by the end of next week,i'll be pissed even more than I am now.

#18 ·
Same for me,just call Savage this morning and the clip is on is way!:bthumb:
Personnally,excellent service:bthumb:

Just for that,the next rimfire will be a Savage again.:)

Sorry for those who have problem with them,maybe you should call and ask for
a "manager",and go higher until your problem is solve.
:coolgleam

G
#15 ·
apparently some of the magazines are a little tight at the front end. Try gently bending that front piece out slightly, just so it gives the nose of the bullet slightly more clearance, and see if that helps. That made some slightly longer CCI rounds feed great for me, whereas previously they would sometimes not even pop up without jiggling the mag a bunch of times.

#16 ·
Ive noticed with my factory clip that came with the gun it doesnt feed the cci tnt rounds well when the clips is full :( If i use a V max style round though it feeds like a wet dream! I purchased an extra clip for it and that one feeds everything perfect and like i said in my other post savage is sending me another new clip so hopefully that one does to :)

#21 ·
My BVSS has weak extraction and once in a while ,maybe a rd or two per box don't extract the spent shell. My first contact with Sav Cum. Ser. today went rather well they are sending me a new spg and extractor. I thought it seemed weak it would just dump them next to me on the bench.I'm used to my other rimfire throwing them 6 ft. After the frist one it didn't eject i decided maybe some thing was weak ,that it wasn't just the nature of the beast. In a few days (I hope) I'll know.--:t --JMJ-- (Piling them up on the bench was nice if yoiu collect scrap brass)

G
#22 ·
While you wait for your replacement you can take the existing spring off and squeeze it so it will be a tighter fit on the bolt, and that should help a bit. I was having tons of failures to extract with Eley Target Rifle, and found a tip here on RFC somewhere about doing just that. I get far fewer FTEs now, but it hasn't eliminated them all. I'm curious to see if there's any difference in the shape cut into the replacement extractor.

#23 ·
I did give that a thought,but with spg steel i figured best to wait until i had a spare,you can get some bend to it i imagine ,but too much it could snap without warning.The weather sucks around here right now amyhoo. The extractor looks OK i think thier weak link is that spg set up for tension.--JMJ--

G
#27 ·
I sent my Mark II FSS back today for a few problems. I was told on the phone that turn-around time is typically less than a week, not including shipping time, so hopefully I won't have to wait long. I wonder if being in Canada helps much, with the rimfire factory also being up here.

G
#31 ·
I sent my gun in about a week and a half ago, and they got it a few days later, last Monday. Yesterday, a week later, I decided to give them a call to get an update, see if they'd had a chance to get to mine yet. I was transferred first to the head gunsmith, and then shortly after he transferred me over to the head QA guy. He said he was rather surprised that gun had ever left the factory, and "I humbly apologize, it should never have slipped through." They're replacing my barrel, and ejector/extractor/spring, and are doing a bit of stoning on the underside of the bolt where the burr was pulling up from the bolt-stop. The biggest thing he wondered about was how nobody had caught the barrel being mounted in there off-center. The whole barrel was rotated slightly before final mounting, so the sights were slightly off to the right, and the recoil lug on the bottom was slightly off to the left. That alone should've red-flagged it. And then there was the lousy crown and the pits in the bore near the muzzle end, probably due to the same worn-out tool used to cut the crown. So they're replacing the barrel, etc, and sending it back out. Hopefully I'll get it back here before the 13th, the next metallic silhouette match. Don't want to miss that, hehe. :)

I'm guessing the fact that I'm in Canada, and the factory's in Canada, is what is making it a quicker proposition for me. I don't know, but I'm guessing having to send it from the States to up here in Canada, and then back again, is likely to add some time for you guys down there if you have to send one in for repairs. Could be any number of reasons, I guess, but they seem to be handling my case rather quickly anyway. Got my fingers crossed on getting it back before that match. :Blasting_

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.