Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Feddersen barrel and Hogue overmolded stock

5K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  MacR 
#1 · (Edited)
Any thoughts on this?

#7 ·
My guess is that Feddersen chose a Hogue stock because it was the cheapest way to go . My Feddersen 16.25" fluted bull is mounted in a Ruger receiver and a Hogue OM stock and shoots quite well. I think that the short heavy barrels aren't as affected by the type of stock that they are mounted in.

#9 · (Edited)
Mr Fred Feddersen..
Replied to my email to him, asking same question.
His answer was.. the barrel fits down in the stock nice and snugg.
Less barrel vibrations..
= smaller groups.
That is how I like mine to fit too. Only I use factory walnut stocks. The barrels are tight, snug, in rubber lined barrel channel. Have done a TacSol DSP and a Feddersen contour DSP which had the factory barrel rubber bedded before I got the Fedd.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645761

Going to do a third one pretty soon. Walnut carbine stock with a Ruger contour-barrel.

#11 ·
Yep...
Starting to like this Hogue overmolded stock.
Yes, it sure set the acton in their nice and tight.
Looking forward to seeing how it works.
Yes............it sure does. Barrel and action fit in these Hogues like "a ducks foot in the mud".

No ginormous moats that need to be filled with a couple of pounds of epoxy.

Free-floating barrel channel, that doesn't look overly unsightly.

Just the sort of snug fit that you don't expect, but appreciate, from a stock costing less than $100.00.

Still need a scope for this one, but by the time spring rolls around (July or August :D ) up here, I should be ready for some serious testing.

#12 ·
Your barrel channel looks a liddlebit wider than mine.
But i tweeked mine with tiny amount of sanding, left front on tip.
Yes my no dak spud reciver fits in there really tight.
And the bottom is flush with the magazine like it should be.
Imathinkin ???
Be just fine for a woods rifle.

#14 · (Edited)
The Feddersen barrel is threaded at the muzzle, and I'm surrounded by 168 acres of hardwoods, red and white oak with maples and hazel nut bushes in the mix. This rifle is gonna make "sittin' in the woods" on a great fall day a real enjoyment.

Over the 20 years that we've been here, on this property, I've only collected the gray squirrels for the skillet, and let the solid black ones pass. Now, they're in the majority and it's rare to see a gray squirrel in these parts. But, I'm a very "politically correct deplorable" and I'm a part of the "black lives matter" crowd. ;)

#16 ·
If I can avoid it, I don't normally deal with "Midway". Mainly because their prices always seem to be higher than other on-line venues, with expensive shipping. But, the other day I received a flyer from them with Nikon P-223 4-12x 40mm rifle scopes on sale @ $219.95 with free shipping. I now have one on the way for the set-up posted above.

Now, if only all this white stuff will get its self OFF my shooting bench and temperatures reach at least 50°.

#21 ·
Hogues get bashed quite often around here, but my experience has been good. Many of the other synthetic stocks are set up for target or have tactical design features, which aint my cup of tea. I wanted a traditional sporter styling for hunting and general field use. My action, barrel, trigger group are all Kidd (ULW setup), so I don’t mind spending the coin. My Hogue stocked Kidd is MOA at 50 yds with CCI HV 36 Gr HP. Does even better with Eley and Center X. If I were to upgrade, would probably go with a Bell & Carson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.